Specializing in Workers’ Compensation Cases
Areas of Specialization
Armstrong Law Group, APC
We represent self insured employers, claims administrators and insurance companies. Our firm also specializes in the defense of the employer in claims for Serious and Willful Misconduct and Labor Code Section 132(a) allegations as well as all forms of subrogation recovery for our clients. Our practice is limited to the defense of the employer. We do not represent employees or claimants against employers.
We routinely appear at all Workers’ Compensation Appeals Boards including Marina Del Ray, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Van Nuys, Oxnard, Anaheim, Pomona, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Ana, San Diego, Bakersfield, Goleta, Santa Barbara, and Grover Beach.
Our investment in technology allows us to pursue a vigorous, efficient, pro active defense. Leveraging technology also allows us to contain the costs of defense without compromising the results.
Our mission is to Educate
At Armstrong Law Group, we believe to be good at something, you have to learn and never stop learning. We are always learning and evolving and we would like to help you do the same.
Our office offers the following seminars:
- AOE/COE: What to look for when determining compensability and how to issue the appropriate denial under LC 5401
- How to handle initial control over medical treatment
- AME/PQME: Whether and how to object to a medical determination, and how to initiate an examination with an agreed medical examiner or panel qualified medical examiner.
- Return to Work and Work Restrictions
- Retaliation/132a: How to prevent LC 132a retaliation claims, and how to manage them.
- How to prevent claims of serious and willful employer misconduct, and how to manage them.
- Subrogation: When to file a civil claim against a negligent third party, and how to coordinate the civil lawsuit
- Liens: How to resolve liens quickly and reduce employer liability.